Owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten and headquartered in Toronto, Rakuten Kobo Inc. is one of the most advanced global ecommerce companies, with the world’s most innovative eReading services offering more than 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to 30 million + customers in 190 countries. Kobo delivers the best digital reading experience through creative innovation, award-winning eReaders, and top-ranking mobile apps. Kobo is a part of the Rakuten group of companies. For more information, visit www.kobo.com.
We are looking for a Vendor Relationship Specialist with passionate about books to join Rakuten Kobo Taiwan Content Team. The team are committed to let every single reader can find the Chinese ebook they want in Kobo. The Vendor Relationship Specialist who major task is to invite more vendors/publishing to join in Kobo and assist to the vendor cooperate with Kobo.
1. Actively seeking out new and has potential publishing on a continual basis and turning leads into signed publishers that sell content through our site.
2. Maintain good relationship and manage regular contact with vendor regarding campaign, promotion, project activity, growth strategies, and other relevant information. When some recurring inquiries posed by publishers, always be nice and professionally.
3. Business reviews and occasional meetings with publishers to discuss sales of their titles, highlighting trends, and proposing strategies for sales growth. Assist the vendors to acquiring the good sale performance.
4. Interacts with internal team and vendor to ensure that all projects, campaign will work as expected.
1. Aptitude for logic based statements/segmentation and multi-channel campaign coordination.
2. Ability to work independently and successfully in a dynamic, fast-paced culture.
3. Highly detail-oriented with strong project management and organizational skills – proven ability to own and execute on several projects at once.
4. Must possess excellent communication skills and comfortable liaising with multiple partners and vendors on daily basis.
5. Strong MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Passion for bookselling, reading, supported by 2+ years in book retail or publishing.
2. Specific knowledge of epub and audiobook.
1. Develop Android App and collaborate with product managers, designers and developers
2. Refactor and improve system architecture, responsible for quality and performance improvement
3. Adopt new technology and the latest Android OS
1. 2+ years of experience developing mobile applications with Kotlin/Java
2. Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals: object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
3. Enthusiastic about learning new things, independent development capability, good team communication skills
1. Keep on following new techniques and have experience in Flutter is a plus
2. Knowledge of professional Software Development Life Cycle, familiar with GIT, Android Studio
3. Experienced coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, CI, unit test