The Senior Specialist of Asia Supply Chain Operations for Exclusive Brands is responsible for leading the Asia Supply Chain Operations activities for their defined products and/or vendors, and in assisting the SCO Senior Manager in capability development for the Supply Chain Operations team.
The main position responsibilities are operations product fulfillment and vendors operations management to drive high performance results for our vendors and to deliver the product fulfillment objectives to our Customers. The senior specialist is also responsible for participating in projects and initiative to further grow the capabilities within the operations team.
Within Exclusive Brands, this function collaborates closely with Channel Operations, Sourcing, Global Product Management, and Asia Logistics & Compliance. Externally, it also serves as the primary point of contact with our Supplier’s Operations and Supply Chain teams. The key skills required for this position are Communication Skills, Problem Solving, Detail Orientation, Global Perspective & Influencing Others.
1) Operations Management 50％
- Ensure Operations readiness for new product launches; systems readiness for new vendors, products, new countries or new business models; and ensure that operations information is accurate in the system and available to the entire team.
- Responsible for setting up the product fulfillment plans, ensure timely vendor execution, provide p.o. shipping updates to the cross-functional team and ensure that shipping data is input into the system to support tracking and analysis for all cross-functional team members.
- New Southeast Asia Countries of Origin – work with vendors in new sourcing countries to ensure readiness to deliver on-time product fulfillment and train them on Best Buy product fulfillment and shipping requirements.
- Own key vendor order management within SAP and SQL, take responsibility to analyze key SKU forecasts and drive demand & supply balance to deliver reasonable inventory levels (weeks of supply).
- Ensure vendors are meeting product fulfillment goals.
- Monitor and coach vendors on fulfillment planning and ensure vendor daily fulfillment updates are communicated on changes or updates to mass production and/or the ex-factory schedule, vendor PO bookings and shipping status.
- Partner with global business teams to plan and manage major business event, e.g. seasonal promotions (Back-to-School), and peak season preparation to ensure high delivery performance.
- Proactively work with the cross-functional team to establish risk mitigation plans for key shipping events and provide daily operations updates on the shipping fulfillment status.
- Conduct Operations/Category specific business meetings/visits with vendors.
2) Reporting and Process Development 30％
- Regularly review business performance and provide key updates and recommendations on how to optimize business opportunities to the cross-functional team.
- Review business analysis to provide suggestions in making our business models more efficient.
- Provide the necessary data and reports to the cross-functional team to support business discussions and decision making. Deliver value by providing a clear point-of-view and suggestions for solutions from the operations perspective.
- Generate business recaps focused on key Operations metrics for the cross-functional team (e.g. key product launch recap, etc).
- Execute and Optimize the current Operations Team SOP procedures. Serve as the lead to update or create new SOP procedures to support new business requirements.
3) Capability Development 20％
- Participate or lead key initiatives that will grow the supply chain operations capabilities.
- Drive continuous process and capability improvement (lean) in line with business requirements and sourcing strategy.
- Does not provide work direction to others
- Has responsibility for vendor/third party management
Bachelors Degree (4 yr) or Equivalent Industry Experience
- 4+ Yrs Experience with manufacturing related industry or GPO (global procurement office), acting as the relevant position (Manager or Supervisor) in the areas of Supply Chain& Logistic& International Business function. Prefer
SAP & MRP hands on experience
Additional Job-Related Requirements
- Major in Business, International Trade, Supply Chain, Logistic
- Fluent in English speaking/listening/writing
- Prefer SAP & MRP hands on experience
Sr. Sourcing Specialist partners with his/her Line manager to develop and maintain sourcing strategy and vendor matrix for responsible product categories. He/She leads vendor selection process and RFQ process to fulfill Product Requirement Documents (PRD) with limited supervision and in partnership with x-function team. He/She partners with his/her line manager to lead contract and pricing negotiation to deliver best cost and business terms to support and sustain competitiveness. He/She monitors product commercialization process jointly with x-function team. He/She leads regular business reviews (QBR/YBR) partnering with x-functional team to drive vendor’s performance resolutions for outstanding issues and challenges. He/She partners with line manager/vendor captain to collect industry intelligence to share with internal teams regularly.
1) Sourcing Strategy and Vendor Management (35％)
• Partner with line manager to formulate and execute sourcing strategy for responsible product categories and deliver business results.
• Partner with Line manager to build and manage vendor pool (including COO) to support current and future business needs.
• Partner with Line manager to identify, develop and foster core vendor partnerships to support business requirements.
• Lead QBR/YBR to drive vendor performance in partnership with x-functional team.
• Optimize vendor evaluation, selection and performance management process.
2) Vendor Proposals and Commercialization Execution (30％)
• Partner with line manager to lead vendor selection process for each project.
• Coach and collaborate with vendors to provide product proposals to meet PRD requirements.
• Summarize all proposals and recommend most qualified proposal.
• Collaborate with PM/PMA and Asia x-functional team to monitor overall product commercialization process in Asia to ensure on-time and to spec manufacturing product delivery.
• Support sourcing mgr/vendor captain as needed to manage/monitor overall schedule to drive awarded SKU commercialized on time in Asia.
• Proactively identify any potential obstacles/roadblocks and take all appropriated steps including escalation to eliminate them so MP schedule can be kept.
3) Contract and Cost Management (20％)
• Partner with Line manager to negotiate new and maintain existing MA/VPA contracts.
• Partner with Line manager to lead cost negotiation for responsible product categories.
• Collaborate with PM and Technical team to drive continuous product cost down effort.
4) Industry Intelligence and Process Improvement (15％)
• Collect and share relevant industry intelligence regularly with broader teams.
• Identify x-functional process improvement opportunities.
• Support ExB new process implementation.
• Support relevant x-functional process improvement initiatives.
• Manages a project(s) without any direct reports (e.g. performs a project management role, delegates work, etc.)
• Has responsibility for vendor/third party management
Bachelors Degree (4 yr) or Equivalent Industry Experience
• 5 or more years of direct sourcing, merchandising and vendor management experiences in
Electronics related industries
• Strong critical thinking and project management capability
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good business sense
• Good internal cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
• Good industry supply chain knowledge and network